Reduced-fat tuna melt
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Crispy, cheesy tuna melt, with fewer calories.
- 4 slices of bread I used a bloomer
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 spring onions whites and greens sliced
- 4 tbsp light mayonaise
- A small can of tuna in water drained
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices light swiss cheese I used Leerdammer Light
- A handful of rocket arugula
Turn the grill on to hot.
Lightly toast the bread in a toaster until just coloured, then place on an oven tray and drizzle with the olive oil.
In a bowl, mix the spring onions, mayo, tuna and a squeeze of lemon until well combined. Season to taste.
Spread the tuna mix on to each of the toasts and top with a slice of cheese each (Leerdammer slices are large so I folded them over.
Grill briefly until the cheese begins to bubble.
Top with rocket and a sprinkle of pepper to serve.