Creamy spinach tomato and rocket pasta
A creamy, fresh tasting spinach pasta, packed with hidden veg.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time17 mins
Servings: 4 -6
- 500 g curled pasta such as strozzapretti fusili or casarecce (pictured)
- 160 g baby spinach
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 65 g drained sun-dried tomatoes plus more to garnish
- 2 drained whole roasted peppers in vinegar
- 280 g light cream cheese
- A few handfuls of rocket
- A few shavings of Parmesan / Grana Padano / vegetarian hard cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Put the pasta on to boil in plenty of water.
Wash the spinach, then put in a colander and pour over boiling water so it wilts.
Tip the drained spinach into blender and add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, peppers and cream cheese and whiz until smooth.
Drain the al dente pasta and return to the pan.
Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir until just warmed through.
Season to taste.
Serve the pasta onto plates, top each with a handful of rocket, a couple of sun-dried tomatoes and a few shavings of hard cheese
Top with a little black pepper to taste.