Fiery beans and lentils
An amazingly satisfying, high protein and deliciously fiery side dish, made in the ActiFry with jerk marinade, beans, peas and lentils.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red or green chilli deseeded and finely chopped (leave out if you like it a little less fiery)
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning marinade paste
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 4 salad tomatoes chopped
- 265 g green lentils 1 can
- 130 g kidney beans 1 can
- 240 g black eye beans 1 can
- 240 g gungo peas (aka pigeon pea) 1 can
- 270 g green pigeon peas 1 can
- 700 ml vegetable stock hot
Put the oil, onion, garlic, chilli and jerk marinade into the bowl of the Actifry and close the lid.
Set to manual mode, temp 220C/425F, set the timer to 10 minutes and press start.
Add the turmeric, tomatoes and all of the lentils, beans and peas, plus the hot stock, and close the lid.
Set to manual mode, temp 220C/425F, set the timer to 20 minutes and press start.
Taste to determine if you'd like to add a little more moisture to the dish. If so, simply stir in a splash of freshly boiled water.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 935mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1305IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 5mg