Aromatic slow cooker lamb and veg tagine
Super easy to prepare and cook, this fragrant slow cooker lamb and veg "tagine" is full of Moroccan flavour and utterly delicious.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 mins
Total Time19 mins
- 650 g boneless leg of lamb cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 carrot cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 1 aubergine cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 1 courgette cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 1 large potato cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 400 g tin of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 75 g medjool dates whole
- 75 g dried apricots whole
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 30 g parsley roughly torn
Put the liner into the slow cooker.
Add the lamb and all of the spices - ground ginger, ground cumin, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, ground cinnamon, turmeric and ground pepper and salt.
Stir gently to coat the meat.
Drizzle with the olive oil.
Add the carrot, aubergine, courgette, potatoes, chickpeas dates and apricots.
Pour the hot chicken stock on top. Stir once.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
Serve your tagine. Couscous is a perfect accompaniment, along with a few leaves of fresh parsley.