Chocolate Philadelphia baked cheesecake

Spoonful

Light Philadelphia with Cadbury milk chocolate – Chocolate Philadelphia

I knew I’d like the new chocolate Philadelphia before I tried it as I absolutely LOVE chocolate cheesecake – and yep, that’s pretty much what it tastes like.

So, this week I got out my trusty blender and made a chocolate cheesecake which is, if I do say so myself, abso-flippin-lutely gorgeous! It’s also vegetarian – no gelatine needed.

Here’s how to make it…

Ingredients

• 100g digestive biscuit
  • 35g unsalted butter
  • 100ml double cream
  • 480g chocolate Philadelphia
  • 2 tsp sugar (1tsp for the biscuit, 1tsp for the filling)
  • 2 well beaten eggs
  • 20g plain flour
  • Icing sugar for dusting, if desired

Instructions

1. Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 (200C)
  2. Whiz up the biscuits with the sugar until sandy
  3. Pour in the melted butter while still whizzing
  4. Empty the mixture into a large, round, spring form tin
  5. Press down with the back of a spoon til even and firm
  6. Cook in the oven for just 5 minutes
  7. Take it out the oven and set it aside
  8. Turn the oven down to Gas Mark 3 (170C)
  9. Put the chocolate Philadelphia and sugar into the blender and start whizzing at full speed
  10. While still whizzing, pour in the eggs bit by bit, then add the flour and cream
  11. Blend until it’s lump-free
  12. Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base and bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour until it’s well-cooked at the edges and firm but slightly wobbly in the middle
  13. Turn off the oven and leave the door ajar for another 45 minutes to an hour
  14. Take out the oven, run a knife round the edges and chill in the fridge for and hour (or as long as you can stand to wait

The result is a rich (but not too rich) chocolate cheesecake with a thin base, cakey edges and an almost fudgy middle. Truly yummy.

You can serve it a few ways. I like it plain with a glass of wine, or you might like it with a coffee or even dusted with icing sugar and served with lightly whipped double cream and raspberry sauce (made by heating one part water with one part seedless raspberry jam).

Enjoy!

Disclosure: I attended a launch event for Chocolate Philadelphia and was provided with some free tubs in order to create these recipes. No payment was received and all posts are 100% honest.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

Comments

1. says

I love how rich and chocolatey it looks! Have got hold of a few cheap tubs of Philadelphia with Cadbury (31p each!) so am looking for recipes to use them in, will definitely give this a try!

2. Gertrude says

I made this cheesecake to the exact recipe yesterday and it is absolutely delicious! It has a moist fudgy texture and a lovely cadbury flavour- will definitely make this one again!!

3. says

I made this baked cheesecake for a family party at the weekend. I must tell you that it went down an absolute storm. I had some sweet pastry left over so I used that instead of a biscuit base and I swapped the cream for milk (only because I didn’t have any) and it came out a winner. So easy too. I decorated it with raspberries and a splodge of creme fraiche on the side.
    Thanks
    Michelle

4. sami petrie says

I tried this on Sunday (10.06.12) and added a packet of Oreo’s, 1st attempt of making a cheesecake.

It is soo delish! Thank you for the recipe!

5. Leighton says

Just made this only had one tub of chocolate Philly tho so sued the normal one too and just added chocolate spread and cadburys coco powder and an extra spoon of sugar and used chocolate digestives it was AMAZING!! Ate it slightly warm too yummmm!!! Thanks for the recipe xD

6. Jayniebones says

I’ve put in the oven cant wait to try it and as its easter I’m goin to put mini eggs on the top x

7. David_w_harris says

I have made my Cheesecake using your recipe! It’s in the fridge stage…here’s hoping it tastes good and impresses my Girlfriend when she comes for dinner tomorrow! I’m really happy with how it looks and how easy it was – Thanks :)

8. says

I’ve just made a chocolate philly cheesecake too…mine isn’t a baked one, I’ve never tried a baked one…it looks like a torte…lovely!

9. Sandra Blake says

Can you please confirm the quantities of vanilla seeds and extract as can’t see them in the recipe? Many thanks!

• says

Oh sorry that’s a mistake.You don’t need vanilla for this recipe. Have corrected. Should just say: “While still whizzing, pour in the eggs bit by bit, then add the flour and cream”

• says

Ooh I’ll ask them! By the way, your jewellery is about the most beautiful I’ve ever seen. I WILL be ordering a ring soon. Too lovely not to.

• says

Ah yes that was mentioned at the event. It would be interesting to try the Milka one as this version has a very distinctive Cadbury taste.

• Grace Sullivan says

Hi i made this cake for my mummys birthday iam only nine years old my mummy says iam a little chef the cake tased lovely thx!!!