They’re good hot and cold – Mark
Pigs in blankets is a classic dish, especially at Christmas time. This week, Heck sent us some 97% British pork shoulder premium sausages – that’s a percentage I’ve never seen in the supermarkets before, but now you can get them in Tesco. Mark declared them to be ‘amazing’ so I had to make something special with them.
These pigs in blankets are infused with fresh rosemary for an extra special taste. It’s really a very easy recipe…
- 12 strips of good quality streaky bacon
- 8 pork sausages
- A few springs of rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan
- Wrap two strips of bacon round each sausage from end to end
- Lay them on a baking sheet and sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper
- Put a pinch of rosemary on each sausage half (as in the pic above)
- Bake for around 20 minutes until the bacon is beginning to turn crispy
- Shake off the rosemary and cut the sausages in half with a sharp knife
- To serve, pile them high on a plate with a few springs of fresh rosemary
Disclosure: We were sent Heck Sausages for review. No payment was received for this posts. All posts are 100% honest.