I'm excited to share a delicious recipe for scrumptious stuffed baked potatoes. It's the perfect Christmas Eve treat, and there's a special ingredient: primula cheese!
Primula has a great flavour that's smooth, cool, savoury, mellow and just perfect for a variety of dishes.
Gluten-free and free from artificial flavours, colours or preservatives, Primula is soft cheese that can be enjoyed by children and adults alike - it's even suitable for mums to be! What's more, a 25g squeeze of Primula Light is only 42 calories.
Primula is also a little different when it comes to its business operations, as it's owned by charitable organisation, the Kavli Trust.
The Kavli Trust donates thousands of pounds to supporting research, humanitarian and cultural projects every year, making a difference in improving people’s lives, so every time you buy Primula Cheese you're also helping to support several worthy causes.
Primula is particularly popular at Christmas, when we all stock up on our favourite foodie treats, so I've created a recipe that's perfect for a Christmas Eve snack or any occasion when you want something special and delicious, that's also super easy and quick to make, and that can be enjoyed by adults and kids alike.
These stuffed mini baked potatoes with assorted toppings are absolutely delicious. The bite size portions makes them super quick to cook, and warm, earthy potato is complemented beautifully by a creamy variety of Primula flavours that melt temptingly into the fluffy potato beneath toppings of chives, salmon, chilli and ham.
Here's how to make these delicious stuffed mini baked potatoes:
- 1kg (2.2lbs) (~20) mini potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of toppings. I opted for:
- 1 /2 slice smoked salmon, torn into thin strips
- 1/2 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 6-8 stems of fresh chives, cut into 2cm lengths
- 1/2 slice of thin ham, torn into thin strips
- 100g (3.5oz) Primula.
I used a combination of:
- Primula Original
- Primla Light
- Primula with Chive
- Primula with Prawn
- Primula with Ham
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F (180C/360F fan). Place the clean and dry potatoes on a nonstick baking tray, mix with the olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
Bake for 30 minutes until golden and crinkled.
When cool enough to handle, cut a cross in the top of each one around half way through and squeeze slightly to form the classic baked potato look.
Top with the Primula.
Season with pepper.
And then with the toppings of your choice.
Enjoy these stuffed mini baked potatoes!
What a great snack, right?
Will these stuffed mini baked potatoes feature on your Christmas Eve menu this year?
Print this mini potatoes recipe
If you'd like to make this yummy dish for yourself - perhaps on Christmas Eve - you can print it by clicking the grey PRINT button on the recipe card below.
Mini baked potatoes
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) mini potatoes (you'll need about 20)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the toppings
- 0.5 slice smoked salmon torn into thin strips
- 0.5 red chilli thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh chives cut into 2cm lengths
- 1/2 slice thin ham torn into thin strips
- 100 g (3.5 oz) Primula
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F (180C/360F fan). Place the clean and dry potatoes on a nonstick baking tray, mix with the olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and crinkled.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a cross in the top of each one around half way through and squeeze slightly to form the classic baked potato look.
- Top with the Primula.
- Season with pepper.
- Finish with the toppings of your choice.
This is a commissioned post for Primula.
Pin these mini stuffed jacket potatoes
More great party ideas
If you enjoyed these stuffed mini baked potatoes, why not look for more inspiration from my festive bakes? Here are a few I think you'll love.
Get Your Kids to Eat Anything
My debut cookbook, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything is available now from all good bookshops!
It's so much more than a cookbook, it's a 5-Phase programme designed to take you through a meaningful, simple and sustainable journey to end fussy eating.
Since its release in March 2019 Get Your Kids To Eat Anything has been changing mealtimes in households across the country and has become an Amazon #1 best-seller.