So here’s my contribution to the tortellini revolution: delicious tortellini BBQ skewers with vegetables and halloumi, all marinaded in sweet chilli sauce. Vegetarian and very yummy!
Since this is a meat-free recipe, I used store-bought cheese and tomato tortellini, but you can use any flavour you like.
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack of cheese and tomato tortellini
- 2 red peppers
- 2 courgettes
- 1 pack halloumi
- Mix the sweet chilli sauce and olive oil together in a bowl and set aside
- Cook the tortellini according to the pack instructions, drain and set aside
- Chop the courgette in half lengthways, then in ¾ inch slices
- Desseed the pepper and cut into inch pieces
- Drain the halloumi and cut into ¾ inch - 1 inch pieces
- Push the courgette, tortellini, halloumi and red pepper pieces onto your skewers in a repeating pattern
- Lay your skewers on a plate and brush generously on both sides with your chilli marinade
- Cover with clingfilm (saran wrap) and keep cool until you're ready to cook (the sooner the better as you don't want the pasta to dry out)
- Place the skewers on the BBQ or griddle pan just long enough for them to pick up some colour on each side.
- Brush with more of the chilli marinade and serve.
Linking up with Jac’s Meat Free Mondays and my own #recipeoftheweek.