I really want a pizza, but this will do – me
I’m still trying to eat healthily and, for the time being, avoiding eggs and dairy, so this simple recipe was a welcome, relatively guilt-free treat.
Here’s what to do…
- 1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry (Jus Rol is vegan)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 large vine tomatoes
- 1 packet of rocket
- Balsamic glaze
- Take the pastry out of the fridge 20 minutes before you start so that it doesn’t crack
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan assisted)
- Roll the pastry out onto a lightly greased baking sheet
- Slice the tomatoes approx 1cm thick and lay out in three rows, with a 1 inch border left free
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with oregano
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown
- Slice into eighths, then serve each slice topped with rocket and drizzled with balsamic
Add your #recipeoftheweek
Do you have a recipe to share? Here’s the place you can do it! Pick one from the past week, or any time at all. Meaty, vegan, fatty, low-calorie – all recipes are welcome, just as long as you haven’t linked them up to #recipeoftheweek before.
You share the goods, then I generally go round reading, commenting, Stumbling, Pinning and drooling over everyone’s entries. It’s that simple. So just link up below and let’s share the love.
- Link up your post using the Linky tool below
- Add the “Recipe of the Week” badge to your post so that readers can find other great recipes.
- Take a little time to read and comment on each other’s recipes.
- Come back next Saturday and we’ll do it all over again.
</pre> <div align="center"><a href="https://www.amummytoo.co.uk/2013/06/vegan-tart" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><img alt="Link up your recipe of the week" src="https://www.amummytoo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/recipe-of-the-week.png" /></a></div> <pre>