Here’s a vegetarian take on chicken pot pies, made with garlicky Quorn, leeks and peas in a creamy sauce, topped with gluten-free pastry
Here’s how to make them.
- 200g gluten free plain flour
- 100g cold goat’s butter
- pinch of salt
- 50ml cold water
- 1-2 tbsp whole a2 Milk to glaze the tops
- 25g goat’s butter
- 2 small (150g) trimmed and sliced leeks
- 1 tsp minced garlic paste
- 350g Quorn pieces
- 75g petis pois
- Salt and pepper
- 550ml whole a2 Milk
- 50g gluten free plain flour
- 50g goat’s butter
- 6 foil pie dishes.
- Blitz the butter, flour and salt in a food processor until you have a crumb.
- Add the water and pulse until it comes together, then knead into a ball, wrap in cling film and refrigerate until 15 mins before you’re ready to use.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a low heat, then add the leeks and garlic and sweat for a couple of mins until soft.
- Add the Quorn and fry until the leeks just start colouring, stir in the peas, then set aside to cool.
- Put the whole a2 Milk, butter and flour in a pan • and whisk over a low heat until it thickens.
- Taste to make sure the flour has cooked out, season and set aside to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C fan.
- Divide the Quorn mix between the pie dishes and top with the sauce to 1cm from the top.
- Roll out the pastry to 5-7mm thick and cut rounds 1cm wider than the pie dishes.
- Press the pastry onto the tops of the pie dishes, then press a fork around the edges to seal.
- Cut a couple of slits in the top of each pie to let steam escape, then brush the tops with whole a2 Milk.
- Place all the pies on a tray and bake for 20-25 mins until golden on top. Serve immediately but be careful – they’ll be very hot inside.
Never heard of a2 Milk™? Put simply, it’s the milk for people who don’t get on with milk, meaning if you’re not lactose intolerant or allergic to milk, it could just be that the A1 protein in ‘regular milk’ upsets your tummy.
I’ll be sharing another great a2 Milk™ recipe tomorrow. Come back to grab it!
This is a commissioned post for a2 Milk