While cooking at a recent Aunt Bessie’s event, I picked up a recipe for Yorkshires with a festive stuffing.
In the version I’m sharing today, I’ve swapped a couple of the ingredients around to suit our family tastes, but it’s still chestnutty and the result is a deliciously warm and fruity starter or Christmas Eve treat. And best of all, they’re totally vegetarian.
Here’s what to do to make 15…
Mini Yorkshires with vegetarian stuffing (recipe)
A lovely Yorkshire pud with a festive stuffing of vegetarian sausage, goat's cheese, chestnuts and cranberry chutney that's as quick as it is delicious.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 red onion
- 1 celery stick
- Few sprigs of thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g (7 oz) vegetarian Lincolnshire sausages (or chestnut mushrooms)
- 100g (3.5 oz) cooked chestnuts
- 15 Aunt Bessie Yorkshires (or make your own)
- 100g (3.5 oz) goat's cheese (or brie)
- Cranberry chutney
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F (180C/355F fan)
- Finely chop the onion and celery
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan and fry the onion and celery for 5 minutes until softened. Season well.
- Finely chop the thyme, sausages and chestnuts and add to the pan and cook for another five minutes.
- Lay the still frozen mini Yorkshires out on a baking tray and spoon the mixture evenly into each one
- Put a little slice of brie on top of each one
- Bake in the oven for just a few minutes until the Yorkshires are crisp and the filling is warmed through
- Garnish with cranberry chutney and serve
Courses Festive makes
I love this recipe because it makes such a refreshing change from the usual options available to veggies. If you give it a try, let me know.