This is so fun! – JD, 4
JD absolutely loves getting involved in the kitchen and regularly makes his own sandwiches, so this evening I set all the ingredients for fajitas and let him make them himself. I used a very mild blend of spices and it went down a storm.
This recipe serves four children.
- 220g chicken breast
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 8 soft tortilla wraps
- 100g cheddar
- 100g of lettuce (pre-bagged is fine)
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- In a dry cup, stir together the garlic granules and smoked paprika and set aside
- Halve the tomatoes, shred/unpack the lettuce and set aside in a bowl
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a high heat
- Dice the chicken breast (we used scissors) and add to the pan, frying for 3-4 minutes
- Cut the peppers into strips and add to the pan, frying for another couple of minutes
- Add the soy sauce and stir through, then add the spice mixture you made ealier
- Fry for a further minute or untill it’s all cooked through, then tip the whole thing into a bowl
- Microwave the tortilla wraps on a plate for 60 seconds
- Lay the table with the chicken mix, tortillas, grated cheese, and salad
- Enjoy putting it all together and eating!
What meals do you make as a family?