Chomp your way through this vegan breakfast pancake stack – it’s an egg-free and dairy-free stack of delicious mini pancakes.
Vegan breakfast pancake stack
An egg-free and dairy-free stack of delicious mini vegan pancakes.
Author: Emily Leary
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 200g (7 oz) flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1½ tsp arrowroot powder
- 500ml (17 fl oz) sweetened soya milk
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp soya margarine
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- Mix all of the dry ingredients except the bicarb in a large bowl
- Stir in the milk bit by bit to avoid lumps
- Melt the margarine in a large, nonstick frying pan, then pour it into the batter and mix well
- Stir through the bicarb
- Heat the pan to a medium-high heat, and cook the pancakes with about a dessert spoon full per pancake
- They'll need just 30 seconds or so before the bubble on top and brown underneath
- Flip over, cook for another 30 seconds then transfer to a plate, stacking as you go
- When all the pancakes are cooked, drizzle with the golden syrup and serve
These really did turn out great, and although they work well with any type of flour, I’d recommend using ‘Dutch style pancake flour’ if you can – it’s a mix of organic buckwheat, wheat and rye flour.