Woohoo, pudding! – me
I went to Blog Summit in Birmingham yesterday to catch up with some blogging friends, which was lovely, but there were biscuits and cakes everywhere and I couldn’t eat any of them! Cue some 11am emergency cake making this morning, and here’s the result: a yummy almond pudding with loads of jam and no eggs or dairy.
Here’s what to do…
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g vegan margarine
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 25g ground almonds
- 8g sachet of arrowroot
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 10 tsp soya milk
- 75g self raising flour
- 4 tbsp jam
- In a microwave-safe cereal bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar
- Mix in all the other ingredients except the jam until smooth, then level off
- Microwave on high for 2 – 3 minutes, depending on how good your microwave is – you want it to be just set. If you over cook it, it’ll go dry and stiff as it cools
- When it seems just set on top, spoon the jam on top and return to the microwave for 1-2 minutes until the jam just bubbles
- Allow to cool a little so it doesn’t burn anyone, then serve with vegan custard
YUM! Thanks to Mammasaurus for inspiring the flavours in this dish with her Raspberry Bakewell cake.
Add your #recipeoftheweek
Do you have a recipe to share? Here’s the place you can do it! Pick one from the past week, or any time at all. Meaty, vegan, fatty, low-calorie – all recipes are welcome, just as long as you haven’t linked them up to #recipeoftheweek before.
You share the goods, then I generally go round reading, commenting, Stumbling, Pinning and drooling over everyone’s entries. It’s that simple. So just link up below and let’s share the love.
- Link up your post using the Linky tool below
- Add the “Recipe of the Week” badge to your post so that readers can find other great recipes.
- Take a little time to read and comment on each other’s recipes.
- Come back next Saturday and we’ll do it all over again.
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.amummytoo.co.uk/2013/05/almond-sponge-pudding-vegan-microwave-recipe" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><img alt="Link up your recipe of the week" src="https://www.amummytoo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/recipe-of-the-week.png" /></a></div>