So here’s my contribution to the tortellini revolution: delicious tortellini BBQ skewers with vegetables and halloumi, all marinaded in sweet chilli sauce. Vegetarian and very yummy!
Since this is a meat-free recipe, I used store-bought cheese and tomato tortellini, but you can use any flavour you like.
Sweet chilli tortellini and vegetable BBQ skewers
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g cheese and tomato tortellini cooked and drained
- 2 red peppers de-seeded the pepper and cut into inch pieces
- 2 courgettes (zucchini) halved lengthways, then sliced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 225 g halloumi cut into 3/4 inch pieces
Mix the sweet chilli sauce and olive oil together in a bowl and set aside.
Push the courgette, tortellini, halloumi and red pepper pieces onto your skewers in a repeating pattern.
Lay your skewers on a plate and brush generously on both sides with your chilli marinade.
Cover with clingfilm (saran wrap) and keep cool until you're ready to cook (the sooner the better as you don't want the pasta to dry out).
- Place the skewers on the BBQ or griddle pan just long enough for them to pick up some colour on each side.
- Brush with more of the chilli marinade and serve.
Linking up with Jac’s Meat Free Mondays and my own #recipeoftheweek.