The best thing I’ve ever tasted – JD, 5
Woohoo! It’s Saturday! We’ve been baking, obviously, and after chucking some rather random ingredients together, came up with these lovely muffins. It’s a cocoa batter, flecked with raisins and chunky dark chocolate chips, baked and then topped with a little Nutella. Think light sponge, crispy top and a flavour combination not unlike a bar of Fruit n Nut. YUM!
Here’s the recipe, followed by #recipeoftheweek linky.
For the sponge:
- 175g butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 175g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 90g dark chocolate
- 70g raisins
For the frosting:
- About 1/2 a small jar of Nutella
You’ll also need:
- A 12-hole muffin tray
- 12 muffin cases
- Piping bag
- Star nozzle
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat the egg and milk together, then add to the mix and beat thoroughly
- Sift in the cocoa, flour and baking power and fold through
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate and sir into he batter with the raisins
- Line the baking tray with the cases and share the mixture evenly between them
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool completely
- Put the nozzle in the piping bag and add the Nutella
- Pipe a small swirl of Nutella on top of each cake
That’s it! Simple and really, really nice with a cuppa.
Add your #recipeoftheweek
Do you have a recipe to share? Here’s the place you can do it! Pick one from the past week, or any time at all, just as long as you haven’t linked it up before.
I’m really enjoying going round and reading, commenting, Stumbling, Pinning and generally drooling over everyone’s entries, so just link up below and let’s share the love.
- Link up your post using the Linky tool below
- Add the “Recipe of the Week” badge to your post so that readers can find other great recipes
- Take a little time to read and comment on each other’s recipes
- Come back next Saturday and we’ll do it all over again
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.amummytoo.co.uk/2013/03/chocolate-chip-raisin-muffin-with-nutella-frosting-recipe" target="_blank"><img alt="Link up your recipe of the week" src="http://www.amummytoo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/recipe-of-the-week.png" /></a></div>