I know what a lot of you are thinking ‘avocado, yogurt and chocolate together?’, but trust me, this makes a glorious, intense chocolate mousse.
It’s made extra special thanks to Onken Extra Creamy Natural Set Yogurt – a full fat yogurt that’s as thick and silky smooth as it is delicious.
If you love chocolate mousse this is a really interesting, healthy take on the classic. Let’s dive into how to create this delicious avocado yogurt chocolate mousse!
It just takes minutes to prepare this yummy mousse. Here’s how.
- 1 large avocado, peeled and stoned
- 450ml (15.75 oz) Onken Extra Creamy Yogurt
- 150g (5.25 oz) dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Put the avocado in the bowl and use an electric whisk so that there are no lumps.
Whisk in a few spoonfuls of Onken Extra Creamy Yogurt to thin out a little.
Then add the rest of the pot and whisk well.
Whisk in the melted dark chocolate (allow it to cool a little so that it isn’t hot when it goes in).
Add the vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined.
Put into pots and chill for 2 hours.
If you’d like to print this recipe to try later, just hit PRINT on the recipe card below.
What’s your favourite flavour of mousse? Do you think this avocado yogurt chocolate mousse would satisfy your chocolate cravings? Give it a try!
Avocado yogurt chocolate mousse
- 1 large avocado peeled and stoned
- 450 g (15.9 oz) Onken Extra Creamy Yogurt
- 150 g (5.3 oz) dark chocolate melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Put the avocado in the bowl and use an electric whisk so that there are no lumps.
- Whisk in a few spoonfuls of Onken Extra Creamy Yogurt to thin out a little. Then add the rest of the pot and whisk well.
- Whisk in the melted dark chocolate (allow it to cool a little so that it isn’t hot when it goes in).
- Add the vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined.
- Spoon into pots and chill for 2 hours.
This is a commissioned post for Onken.
Pin this avocado chocolate mousse
More great recipes using yogurt
If you enjoyed this recipe you’ll love these recipes that feature yogurt!
Get Your Kids to Eat Anything
My debut cookbook, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything is available now.
It’s so much more than a cookbook, it’s a 5-Phase programme designed to take you through a meaningful, simple and sustainable journey to end fussy eating.
Since its release in March 2019 Get Your Kids To Eat Anything has been changing mealtimes in households across the country and has become an Amazon #1 best-seller.