I’ve discovered a recipe that both kids will happily eat and it’s packed with vitamins. Hurrah! It’s really easy to make – even easier still if you have a soup maker, which I’ll tell you about at the end.
Here’s how to make this broccoli and sweet potato soup. Feeds at least 4.
- 350g (12.3 oz) broccoli (2 large florets)
- 300g (10.6 oz) sweet potato (1 large or 2 medium)
- 100g (3.5 oz) courgette
- 1 litre boiling water
- 2 crumbled vegetable stock cubes
- Roughly chop the broccoli, discarding the woody stalk
- Peel and roughly chop the sweet potato in 1 inch pieces
- Dice the courgette
- Pop everything in a large saucepan with the water and stock cubes
- Cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until everything is nice and soft
- Whiz with a hand blender or in the food processor, add extra water if you prefer it thinner, whiz again and serve
If you have a soup maker, just follow to step 3, then chuck all the ingredients in to the soup maker, replace the lid and press ‘smooth’ – check out the Morphy Richards Soup Maker we’ve been reviewing!
What did you think of this broccoli and sweet potato soup?
Here’s the recipe again in an easy to print format.
Broccoli and sweet potato soup
- 350 g (12.3 oz) broccoli florets 2 large florets
- 300 g (10.6 oz) sweet potato peeled and roughly chopped
- 100 g (3.5 oz) courgette diced
- 2 vegetable stock cubes crumbled
- Pop everything in a large saucepan with 1 litre of boiling water and the crumbled stock cubes.
- Cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until everything is nice and soft.
- Whiz with a hand blender or in the food processor, add extra water if you prefer it thinner, whiz again and serve.
More soup recipes to try
For more ideas head to my soup recipes section. Here are some of my favourites!
Get Your Kids to Eat Anything
My debut cookbook, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything is available now from all good bookshops!
It’s so much more than a cookbook, it’s a 5-Phase programme designed to take you through a meaningful, simple and sustainable journey to end fussy eating.
Since its release in March 2019 Get Your Kids To Eat Anything has been changing mealtimes in households across the country and has become an Amazon #1 best-seller.