My kids love getting involved in the kitchen and as they get older, dinner times get easier.
We love mild chicken fajitas for kids. We set all the prepped ingredients out and let the kids do the rest themselves.
Mild chicken fajitas (for kids to put together themselves)
- 220 g 8 oz chicken breast
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 8 soft tortilla wraps
- 100 g 3.5 oz cheddar, grated
- 100 g 3.5 oz lettuce, shredded
- 100 g 3.5 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a dry cup, stir together the garlic granules and smoked paprika and set aside
- Halve the tomatoes, shred/unpack the lettuce and set aside in a bowl
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a high heat
- Dice the chicken breast (we used scissors) and add to the pan, frying for 3-4 minutes
- Cut the peppers into strips and add to the pan, frying for another couple of minutes
- Add the soy sauce and stir through, then add the spice mixture you made ealier
- Fry for a further minute or untill it's all cooked through, then tip the whole thing into a bowl
- Microwave the tortilla wraps on a plate for 60 seconds
- Lay the table with the chicken mix, tortillas, cheese, and salad
- Enjoy putting it all together and eating!