These are fun, chunky little breads that break a little from the traditional style in a bid to cut down the fat – the yoghurt is fat-free and the coating is Flora Cuisine.
This recipe makes 16 breads.
Reduced-fat mini garlic naan (recipe)
- 4 tbsp fat-free Greek yoghurt the kind with no nasties added
- 80 ml warm water
- 175 g self raising flour
- 80 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 2-3 tbsp of Flora Cuisine it's a liquid fat with a yellow hue, specifically designed for cooking and baking - you could use olive oil or low fat margarine
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a big bowl
- Add the yoghurt and warm water and knead until it forms a stiff dough
- Form into a ball, put back in the bowl, cover and leave somewhere dark and warm for an hour
- Heat the grill on maximum and put in a greaseproof baking tray
- Turn out onto a floured surfaced and using a sharp knife, cut into half, then half again, and again etc until you have 16 equal pieces
- Roll all the pieces into balls, flatten and shape into ovals
- Take the baking sheet out, place all the breads on and put it back under the grill for 4 minutes
- Remove the tray when the breads are just starting to form brown spots, turn them all over and put back under the grill
- Cook for another 2-4 minutes until brown spots appear
- Take the tray out and allow the breads to cool a little on the tray
- Meanwhile, melt the Flora Cuisine in a shallow dish
- Take each bread in turn, and either brush or dip both sides in the melted Cuisine until lightly covered, then transfer to a plate
Serve warm with a good curry, such as this paneer and vegetable curry.