These are fun, chunky little breads that break a little from the traditional style in a bid to cut down the fat - the yoghurt is fat-free and the coating is Flora Cuisine.
This recipe makes 16 breads.
Reduced-fat mini garlic flatbreads (recipe)
- 4 tbsp fat-free Greek yoghurt the kind with no nasties added
- 80 ml warm water
- 175 g self raising flour
- 80 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 2-3 tbsp of Flora Cuisine it's a liquid fat with a yellow hue, specifically designed for cooking and baking - you could use olive oil or low fat margarine
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a big bowl
- Add the yoghurt and warm water and knead until it forms a stiff dough
- Form into a ball, put back in the bowl, cover and leave somewhere dark and warm for an hour
- Heat the grill on maximum and put in a greaseproof baking tray
- Turn out onto a floured surfaced and using a sharp knife, cut into half, then half again, and again etc until you have 16 equal pieces
- Roll all the pieces into balls, flatten and shape into ovals
- Take the baking sheet out, place all the breads on and put it back under the grill for 4 minutes
- Remove the tray when the breads are just starting to form brown spots, turn them all over and put back under the grill
- Cook for another 2-4 minutes until brown spots appear
- Take the tray out and allow the breads to cool a little on the tray
- Meanwhile, melt the Flora Cuisine in a shallow dish
- Take each bread in turn, and either brush or dip both sides in the melted Cuisine until lightly covered, then transfer to a plate
More delicious curry recipes to try
These little breads would be wonderful served warm with a good curry. Try these!
Get Your Kids to Eat Anything
My debut cookbook, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything is available now from all good bookshops!
It's so much more than a cookbook, it's a 5-Phase programme designed to take you through a meaningful, simple and sustainable journey to end fussy eating.
Since its release in March 2019, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything has been changing mealtimes in households across the country and has become an Amazon #1 best-seller.