It’s. So. Rich. – me
Being an avid StumbleUpon fan, I keep seeing this recipe for Nutella microwave cake, so this week, we took it and modified it just a touch to make this family dessert – it’s can be made in 5 minutes and is so rich, you only need a couple of spoonfuls each!
JD, our 5 year old, took the lead on making this…it’s that easy…
For the sponge:
- 4 tablespoons self rising flour
- 4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 medium free range egg
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the topping:
- Can of squirty cream
- 1/2 tbsp Nutella
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
1. Put all the sponge ingredients into a cereal bowl and beat with a fork until smooth
2. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, test to make sure it’s firm all the way across and zap for another 30 seconds if necessary
3. Allow to cool a bit, then cover with squirty cream, starting from the outside and working into the centre
4. Make the sauce by mixing together the Nutella and golden syrup in a mug or bowl.
5. Microwave the sauce on high for 30 seconds, then drizzle all over the top of the cream
And that’s it. The calorie content is probably something horrifying, so don’t eat it all to yourself. Think of it like Christmas pudding – a large spoonful is plenty!