Bored of porridge, sick of toast and utterly over egg? This sweet breakfast couscous will put you back in your breakfast groove. Pasta for breakfast might sound weird but trust me, you’re going to love this dairy-free, easily vegan treat.
Here’s how to make it.
- 200ml boiling water
- 1 litre oat or almond milk
- 6 tbsp honey (or agave nectar if vegan)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 500g couscous
- 250g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 75g shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- Handful raspberries
- Put the boiling water, cinnamon, two thirds of the honey/nectar and half the milk in a pan on the stove and bring just to the boil.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the couscous.
- Put on the lid immediately and leave for 5 minutes.
- Lift the lid, fluff the couscous with a fork, then stir in the remaining milk, apricots and pistachios. Replace the lid for 2 more minutes.
- Tip the couscous into a large bowl, dress with the raspberries and remaining honey/nectar and serve to the table. If you don't want to eat it all at once, transfer straight to a sealed tupperware container immediately after cooking and store in the fridge to enjoy the next day.