This courgette spaghetti from Annabel Karmel’s latest book, Busy Mum’s Cookbook is deliciously flavourful and you won’t feel like you’re missing out on carbs at all.
I had great fun helping Annabel make this recipe, and although I’ve made courgetti with a spiraliser before, this is the tastiest dish recipe I’ve tried. Watch!
And here’s the recipe for you to print out. Let me know if you try it!
Annabel Karmel's courgette spaghetti (the best I've tried!)
A fantastic way to tempt fussy eaters with a veg packed, delicious plate of low-carb 'pasta'.
- 4 large courgettes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g (9 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp fresh green pesto
- 50g (2 oz) Parmesan cheese (or alternative vegetarian hard cheese), grated
- salt and black pepper
- Put the courgettes through a spiraliser to make long spaghetti-like strands.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add teh garlic and fry for a few seconds, then add the spiralised courgettes to the pan. Toss over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, until just softening, then remove and set aside on kitchen paper.
- Return the frying pan to the heat, add the remaining olive oil, then fry the tomatoes for 2 minutes. Season, add the spiralised courgettes, pesto and grated Parmesan, toss until heated through and serve immediately.
Courses Pasta meals
Now hop over to watch my interview with Annabel and learn more about her amazing career so far.
Recipe and photo reproduced with kind permission from Annabel Karmel / Ebury Publishing