If the combination doesn’t work we’ll just eat the vegetables – me
I know, I know, this is a slightly odd combination of flavours but trust me, it’s rather nice, and would make a lovely side dish if you’re having a barbeque.
Once again, it’s a dish made from some of the items we’ve been sent to test and review, which we’ve used to create a super quick dish.
The rice is a microwavable Barbeque basmati from Tilda (£1.59) flavoured with smokey paprika, chipotle chilli, aromatic fennel, and a touch of maple syrup, while the chilli and garlic on the veg comes courtesy of Just Add, who make super handy tubes of pre-minced/chopped herbs and spices (£1.69 each).
If you fancy making this spicy, warm, salty dish for yourselves, here’s what to do – it’ll feed 2 as a main, or 4-6 as a side.
- 250g pack of Tilda Barbeque basmati
- 225g pack of halloumi, drained
- 1 small or 1/2 large courgette
- 1 medium red pepper, de-seeded
- 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp Just Add Garlic
- 1-2 tsp Just Add Chilli (depending on how hot you want it)
- Chop the courgette, pepper, and halloumi into 1/2 inch cubes
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a high heat
- Chuck the courgette, pepper, and halloumi into the pan and fry for couple of minutes
- Put the rice in the microwave – it only takes 2 minutes
- Add the chilli and garlic to the pan and fry until the rice is done
- Fork the rice through to get rid of lumps, then add to the pan, stir and serve
Easy peasy and full of flavour – what’s your favourite food shortcut?
Disclosure: we were sent Tilda rice and Just Add herbs and spices for review. No payment was received for this post. All posts are 100% honest.