Fancy a healthy, delicious breakfast that’s low on fat and refined sugar and high in fibre and yumminess? This family friendly makes 8 Wholemeal Fruity Waffles, piled high with fruit.
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 375ml (13 fl oz) a2 whole milk
- 50g (2 oz) runny honey (plus some to top your waffles, if desired)
- 75ml (2.5 fl oz) sunflower oil
- 350g (12 oz) wholemeal self-raising flour
- Waffle maker - I used my Sage Smart Waffle
- A selection of fruit - I used strawberries, raspberries and banana
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a bowl
- Put the flour into a second large bowl, make a well and pour the liquid into it, whisking until fully combined
- Pour an 8th of the mix into each waffle maker section and cook for approx 4-5 minutes until browned
- Slice the fruit any way you like and top
- Add an extra squeeze of honey, if desired
With health in mind, I used wholemeal flour, but you can top with any fruit you like and maybe add another cheeky drizzle of honey. Delicious!
As you’ll note, I also used a2 Milk in our waffles. Find out more on the a2 Milk website.
This is a commissioned recipe for a2