It’s really lemony! – JD, 4
As part of my challenge to cook yummy, frugal food with the Morrison’s M Saver’s range, I tried out their “cheat’s lemon drizzle loaf”, which takes moments to prefer, tastes yummy and feeds 10 for just 90p!
- 2 packets of M Savers Sponge Mix
- 2 free-range eggs
- 150ml Water
- 4 tbsp of M Savers Lemon Curd
- 1 M Savers Lemon
- Some icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C (175C fan oven)
- Line a one litre loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- Whisk the eggs and water together in a large bowl
- Add the cake mix and beat with an electric whisk for 3 minutes until light and frothy
- Add two tablespoons of lemon curd and whisk a little more until mixed
- Pour the cake mix into the tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes
- Remove from the oven and stab all over with a skewer to about 2 inches deep
- Mix together the juice and zest of the lemon with 2 tbsp lemon curd
- Spoon slowly over the cake while it’s still in the tin
- When completely cool, lift out the tin and peel off the paper
- Sprinkle liberally with icing sugar to taste – we prefer it sweet!
This recipe is surprisingly tasty. We prefer to make our own batter from scratch but this is a great alternative if you’re short on time and pennies.
I’ll be posting one more recipe this month using the Morrisons M Savers range to make the family budget go further. Meanwhile, check out the M Savers Summer website for low cost and free entertainment ideas, an interactive play area map, plus quick and low-cost family favourite recipe ideas from as little as 19p per portion.
Disclosure: Morrisons are currently sponsoring me to get creative with their M Savers range and recipes. All posts are 100% honest.